Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 10 mins
Cute pumpkin-faced bread for sandwiches. Fill with what ever you wish. Prep time includes thaw and rise time.
- 2 -3 rhodes texas frozen yeast dinner roll dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
suggested sandwich fillings
- barbecued beef
- Press rolls together to form a flat oval shape. With a knife, cut out a wide "V" shape in side of oval. Rotate "V" about a quarter turn and tuck the point under the pumpkin to form a stem. Trim, if necessary.
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cut out 3 large triangles for eyes and a nose, and a large crescent shape mouth. Leave some teeth in, if desired.
- Cut 3 curved lines from top to bottom, almost all the way through the dough. Brush with egg and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on rack and then slice horizontally. Fill with piping-hot barbeque beef and cheese, or your own favorite sandwich-makings.