Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 8 lbs sweet potatoes (about 12 large)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 mcintosh apples or 6 macoun apples, peeled,cored,and cut into eighths
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Scrub potatoes, then prick several times with a knife or fork.
- Bake 1 hour, or until very soft when pierced with a knife.
- Combine orange juice, cream, butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- Once cooled, scoop out the insides with a spoon.
- Place 1/2 of sweet potato meat into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add 1/2 of juice-and-cream mixture, blend until combined but not smooth, and pour into a large baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes and juice-and-cream mixture, and add to baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apple wedges and brown sugar; cook about 10 minutes, turning apples occasionally, until lightly browned on both sides.
- Place on top of sweet potatoes and bake 30 minutes, until heated through.
- (Note: If refrigerating before baking, cook 45 minutes, or until heated through.).
Excellent. I nuked two potatoes then peeled when cooled and cut amt of ingrediants.