Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is sure to please any salsa lover. I created it for a dinner party and it was loved, I will be making this again and again.
- 3 -4 tomatoes
- 4 red peppers
- 3 bulbs of garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Pre heat oven on bake to 300'.
- Cut tomatoes in half and brake cinnamon sticks into pieces about 3 per stick and cut tops off of garlic.
- Brush or spread oil over garlic, peppers, tomatoes, and jalapeno.
- Lightly pierce the cut tops of the tomatoes with cinnamon pieces until the sticks are almost covered by the tomato. Make sure not to pierce through the bottom. Lightly salt everything.
- Place ingredients on a baking dish tomatoes open side up, place so they are spread out (not touching) and place in oven.
- Bake for about 3 hours turning peppers occasionally until everything is browned.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Place peppers in a brown bag to sweat so peels will fall off and remove seeds. Remove garlic cloves from bulbs and cinnamon sticks from the tomatoes.
- Place all the roasted ingredients in a large bowl and add in the remaining sugar, and vinegar. Mash or blend until smooth and salt as desired.
- Serve warm or chilled, and enjoy!