3 hrs 10 mins
This recipe is sure to please any salsa lover. I created it for a dinner party and it was loved, I will be making this again and again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven on bake to 300'.
- 2Cut tomatoes in half and brake cinnamon sticks into pieces about 3 per stick and cut tops off of garlic.
- 3Brush or spread oil over garlic, peppers, tomatoes, and jalapeno.
- 4Lightly pierce the cut tops of the tomatoes with cinnamon pieces until the sticks are almost covered by the tomato. Make sure not to pierce through the bottom. Lightly salt everything.
- 5Place ingredients on a baking dish tomatoes open side up, place so they are spread out (not touching) and place in oven.
- 6Bake for about 3 hours turning peppers occasionally until everything is browned.
- 7Remove from heat and let cool. Place peppers in a brown bag to sweat so peels will fall off and remove seeds. Remove garlic cloves from bulbs and cinnamon sticks from the tomatoes.
- 8Place all the roasted ingredients in a large bowl and add in the remaining sugar, and vinegar. Mash or blend until smooth and salt as desired.
- 9Serve warm or chilled, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Roasted Fire Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g