Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs 8 mins
This recipe requires a slow cooker.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 lean beef sausages
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggplants, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add onion, garlic and eggplant to pan. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until eggplant is golden. Stir in chilli and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Spoon eggplant mixture into slow cooker. Add sausages. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir in parsley. Season with pepper. Serve with steamed vegetables and crusty bread, if desired.
Dont leave out the chicken stock! Use low sodium if needed. I cut the eggplant in slices and layered it with the tomatos and sausage (I used turkey sasusge). Turned out good! Thanks!