Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Betty Crocker recipe
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container Philadelphia Chive & Onion 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix corn, bell pepper, milk, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and half of the bacon. Refrigerate remaining bacon.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese. Cook on High heat setting 10 minutes longer. Stir well; sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Corn can be kept warm on Low heat setting up to 1 hour.
Delicious! Made no changes. Took this dish to a pot-luck at work and there was nothing left! All my co-workers were asking for the recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Oh, my, this is corn is so good! It actually tastes much more fattening than it is....and I even used fat free milk! It's creamy and colorful and rich, but not overly rich. You could easiler convert this to make on the stovetop if you were short on time. I made this just as written and wouldn't change a thing. Thanx for sharing!