Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is extremly tender chicken smothered in a flavorful dark gravy--easy and nice serve over rice.
Top Review by ~Bekah~
We really enjoyed this. The flavors from the sauce really get down deep into the chicken while slow cooking. Every bite was deliciously seasoned. I didn't brown the chicken, just threw it in the crock, other than that one step I followed the recipe completely. It even tastes good cold! Thanks!
- 4 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in the oil in both sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, and ginger; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 4 to 5 hours longer or until the meat juices are clear.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and sprinkle with almonds. Spoon the juices over the chicken or thicken the juices if desired.