Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is very good, creamy and cheesy. We all enjoyed it. Recipe Hails from 'TOH' Slow Cooker Recipes
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a 5-quart crockpot; add butter and mix. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, evaporated milk, canned soup, milk, and 3 cups of the cheese. Pour over the macaroni mixture; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Cook 15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with paprika.
Definitely a keeper! This is an excellent slow-cooker mac-n-cheese recipe. My son liked it so much when I made it last week that he's asked for it again this week. I added some diced ham to recipe, which went well. My son has asked that I add more ham this time around. Other than adding the ham, I made the recipe exactly as written. It is not "sauce-y", but developed a nice crust around the edges in my slow cooker.
Wow! I can't believe I never posted my review of this recipe before! I've been using it for a few yrs. already! This is the perfect recipe for me, esp. on holidays when I have a ton of other things I need to use my oven for. Simply place everything in crockpot and concentrate on whatever else needs to be done...and it's so delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Made this recipe out of the Taste of Home annual recipe book from 2003. My family loves it! I just did a search for it before posting it myself.