Recipe by carolinafan
I love the convenience of using a slow cooker. This recipe is a great one.
Top Review by dinkysmom
My husband is not a fan of slow cooker food, but he loved this. He did say the peas rather over powered the other tastes in the dish. Next time I will use half the amount of peas called for. My 5 year old grandson also loved it. Definitely a recipe I will make again.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3- to 4- quart slow cooker, place chicken.
- Top with soup, mushrooms and water. stir gently to mix and spread evenly over chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours 30 minutes to 5 hours 30 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before serving, stir thawed peas and the rice into chicken mixture. Cover, cook on Low heat setting 10 to 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.