Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
OH MY! It is apple season here and what a recipe to have. While you are cooking, canning, reading a book, listening to music, dancing, what better way then to make in the crockpot? Bonus- YOUR house smells divine! (Cookbook Swap 2008, ALSKANN)
Top Review by Janet C.
Just wonderful, I baked my apples and they turned out wonderful. I made them as a side with my Apple Tenderloin! My hubby loved them, as we know apples and pork go together great! Thank You for sharing!!! :-)
- 4 -5 baking apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop out center of each apple and and leave cavity about 1/2 in from bottom.
- Peel top of apples down about 1 in and brush lemon juice on top.
- In bowl, combine craisins, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Spoon mixture into apple cavities.
- Pour 1/2 c water in sprayed crockpot and arrange apples inside.
- Cover and cook on low 1-3 hrs or until tender.
- Serve warm or room temperature with carmel ice cream topping.
- (Serving over ice cream is optional and recommended).