Recipe by smcsf11
From Better Homes and Gardens website. Have not tried it yet but looks yummy and easy!
Top Review by kitchenslave03
Thanks for posting! I was going to but did a search first and saw that you beat me to it. I usually only use 1/4 c oil, and basil that I add towards the end instead of mint. If I'm out of fresh basil, dried thyme (about 1/2-3/4 t) is yummy too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cherry tomatoes or 1 1⁄2 lbs grape tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, peeled, split lengthwise and green shoot removed
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse or flake salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- toasted slices of rustic bread
- goat cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Wash and drain tomatoes well. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a nonreactive (such as earthenware) 2-quart baking dish place tomatoes in a single layer. Pour on olive oil so they are very well coated and there should be a thin layer (1/8 inch) of oil on bottom of dish. Toss in garlic, mint, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until tomato skins split and soften but tomatoes still retain their shape.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature. Spoon or mash over slices of toasted bread and serve with goat cheese. Makes 8 servings.