Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are looking for a different way to serve potatoes, these are really good. Prep time includes baking the potatoes and frying ground beef.
- 3 large baking potatoes, extra-large (Russets are best)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 fresh minced garlic clove (or to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (can use canned or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes for approximately 1 hour, or until done.
- In a frypan, brown ground beef and garlic; drain any fat.
- Add in ALL remaining ingredients (except cheese) stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lenthwise.
- Loosen potato pulp and generously spoon meat mixture over each potato half.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under broiler to melt the cheese for a couple of minutes (it is not really necessary to melt the cheese, but I prefer to have my cheese melted).