Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on a "Beef; It's What's for Dinner" ad. Looks mighty tasty, easy, and quick...Something we're all looking for with our hectic schedules!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1⁄4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (scallions)
- 1 large Italian bread or 1 large pizza dough (12")
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 425.
- In large non-stick skillet brown beef, stirring occasionally.
- (about 8-10 minutes) Drain off fat.
- To beef, add corn, barbecue sauce, and green onions.
- (If desired, stir in 1/2 tsp salt too) Heat through.
- Place bread shell or pizza crust on baking sheet.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly over crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice into wedges.
I made this on a night I had some leftover sloppy joe meat. It was wonderful. Thanks for a great recipe thats a kid pleaser.
I was looking for something very easy that I thought my kids would like. This really turned out great. I added a little more than 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce to get the right consistency. I used Cheddar cheese on top just because that is what we had. Tasted great and the kids sure enjoyed it. Thanks OzMartha.