Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light Magazine. Chicken breasts rolled and cooked in cornflakes, pistachios, and lemon zest and placed on top of delicious salad greens with lemon/olive oil dressing.
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, toasted
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- cooking spray
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- lemon wedge
- Combine cornflakes, pistachios, rind, 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Place crumb mixture in a shallow dish.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Brush the chicken breasts with honey. Dredge the chicken in crumb mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add chicken, and saute 5 minutes on each side or until done. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips; set aside.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Combine 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoons pepper, juice and oil, drizzle over salad greens, tossing gently to coat.
- Divide the salad green and chicken evenly among 4 plates. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Simple and very tasty - don't think we'll be using breadcrumbs ever again!