Recipe by Lorac
Tapas, is a Spanish word for "little dish". Garlic and parsley sauce turns simple boiled eggs into a tasty and attractive appetizer.
Top Review by Martin Andrews
Technical Point !! Tapas actually translates to 'covers'. It originated by some bright spark deciding that a good way of keeping the flies out of the sherry was to cover the copa (cup) with a thin slice of bread. Someone else decide it was a waste to throw the bread away afterwards and put toppings on the bread to be eaten after the drink. And so - TAPAS !!
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- white pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Grated carrot and black/green olives for garnish.
- Process or blenderize the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil.
- Arrange the sliced eggs on a serving dish, top with the sauce and decorate with grated carrot and olives and chill.