Recipe by texas*gal
I modified a family favorite that had WAY too much fat and calories. I lightened it up to make it WW friendly and we were amazed at how much we loved it! It's 5 points per serving. Edit: I ran this recipe through the recipe builder at the WW site, which said it was 3 points per serving.
Top Review by JackieT78
This is one of my oldest son's favorite dinners. I've made the skinny version twice. The first time I followed the recipe exactly, but it didn't have enough chicken - he complained. The second time I used 2 chicken breast halves (I used boneless, skinless breasts) and it was perfect! I also made sure I used a casserole dish that was the right size and not too big. I had planned on taking the leftovers to work, but there weren't any leftovers. I'll be using this recipe from now on.
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (98% fat free)
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese or 1 ounce monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, and saute onions until tender.
- Add drained green chilis and soup, mixing well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour into small casserole dish.
- Cut tortillas into quarters, and insert around edge of casserole. Lay remaining tortillas pieces on top of casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle casserole with cheese. Bake until cheese melts.