Recipe by morgainegeiser
This is a quick and easy one skillet meal. Very tasting and filling. Serve with a salad and you are all set for a quick meal.
Top Review by FloridaNative
This was very tasty - spicy too. I did not have salsa so I 'improvised' with Rotel mixed with picante sauce. Other than that, followed the recipe exactly as written. The chicken turned out nice and tender and very flavorful - I liked the spices rubbed on before cooking. To be honest, I'm not crazy about corn, so I could have done without it, but DH really enjoyed the whole meal. I'll make this again as I like that it is nicely balanced nutritionally - but I might swap out the corn for carrots. Thanks for posting - made for ZWT8 and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys!
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chili powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken breast halves.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Stir in beans, corn and salsa. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are hot. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.