1/4 Photos of Skillet Roasted Potatoes
Elly in Canada's Note:
By Jacques Pépin, a great way to cook mini potatoes on the stove top, but still enjoy the flavour of roasted potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare potatoes and wash well in cold water.
- 2Arrange in one layer in a large skillet so they are almost touching - they'll need room later when they are cracked open (nonstick pan works best).
- 3Add rosemary, broth, oil, butter and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to medium, cover the pan, but leave the lid a lttle aside, and boil until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5The liquid should still be about halfway up surrounding the potatoes; if not, add more broth or a little water until it does.
- 6Remove the pan from heat, press on each potato with a spoon or 1/4 cup measure just until it cracks open.
- 7Set the pan over medium-high heat and cook uncovered until the liquid has evaporated, let the potatoes sizzle until the bottoms have browned on one side, about 10 minutes.
- 8Gently turn the potatoes and brown the other side, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- 9Remove the pan from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- 10Sprinkle with chives and serve.
- 11Pass the fleur de sel so diners can sprinkle some on if they want!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Roasted Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 850.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: