Recipezaar BCP's Note:
This ham and vegetable skillet version of the traditional baked au gratin gives you the same delicious results but in a fraction of the time. Au gratin traditionally is any dish that is topped with cheese or bread crumbs and butter then baked. Loosely defined, it means "with cheese."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups cut-up cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (5 ounce) package Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 (9 ounce) box Green Giant frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1Melt margarine in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ham and onion in margarine, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in Potatoes, Sauce Mix, hot water and pepper.
- 2Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in carrots. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- 3Stir in cheese and broccoli. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and broccoli is hot.
- 4High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Ham and Vegetables Au Gratin Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 695.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.6 g