Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This ham and vegetable skillet version of the traditional baked au gratin gives you the same delicious results but in a fraction of the time. Au gratin traditionally is any dish that is topped with cheese or bread crumbs and butter then baked. Loosely defined, it means "with cheese."
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (5 ounce) package Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 (9 ounce) box Green Giant frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
- Melt margarine in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ham and onion in margarine, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in Potatoes, Sauce Mix, hot water and pepper.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in carrots. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese and broccoli. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and broccoli is hot.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes.