Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I grew up knowing these as "Sloppy Joes". When I wanted to make sloppy joes myself and bought a packet of sloppy joe seasoning, it did not taste like I remembered it! I asked my mom what I had done wrong, and she told me this was the recipe that she used for Sloppy Joes. I have not tried this yet myself, but I remember liking them as a kid.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 304.75 g can condensed tomato soup
- 0.25 ml bottled hot pepper sauce
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml msg
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion and celery and cook till tender but not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve on buns.
Great flavor - Lovely Saturday Night Sloppy Joe. I cut the recipe back to one serving and used 1/4 tsp firy hot sauce and 1/4 tsp chili flakes MMmmm Hot & spicy. I did not use any MSG. Thanks for posting Sashasmomma