Recipe by 2Bleu
Aka: SPIEDINI DI ABBACCHIO
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
SENSATIONAL: I knew I was going to love this when I tagged the recipe, but I didn't know just how much. Loved the bread cubes and could so, so easily have eaten heaps more but to lower the fat content - my only change to the recipe - I halved the bread so used very much less oil in the pan, and added some button mushrooms - brushed lightly with some oil - to the skewers. Extra-virgin olive oil, of course! Just LOVED the blend of flavours: love lamb, love prosciutto, love sage. This is a recipe I'll be making again. And it's one that's so easily prepared ahead and doubled once or twice for serving a crowd. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made for PRMR.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices Italian bread, cubed (thick sliced bread)
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb, lean and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 sage leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil until almost smoking.
- Add the bread cubes and fry lightly on all sides.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Thread 4 wooden skewers with bread cubes, prosciutto, lamb and sage leaves until all ingredients are used up.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and place on a broiling pan.
- Broil in the oven or grill 15 minutes or until all ingredients are crisp.