1/1 Photo of Sizzled Chicken Schnitzel
This is a huge favorite of my family!! I like to serve this with mashed potaoes and green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, basil, salt and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
- 2Place the chicken breasts, one at a time, between two pieces of wax paper.
- 3Pound the breasts with several whacks of a meat mallet or rolling pin to thin them evenly to a thickness of about ½ inch.
- 4Peel off the paper and add the breasts to the bag with the flour mixture; shake well to coat.
- 5Heat oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- 6Meanwhile, spread the bread crumbs on a plate and beat the egg in a small bowl.
- 7Dip the chicken breasts, one at a time into the egg then into the bread crumbs to coat both sides; shake off excess crumbs.
- 8Add the breasts to the skillet as you coat them.
- 9Cook the breasts until the chicken is cooked through with golden brown crust, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 10If the crumb coating begins to over brown, reduce the heat to medium.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sizzled Chicken Schnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 399.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 29.2 g