Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
a simple homemade bread
- 1 1⁄3 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons yeast
- 4 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup powdered soy protein concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vitamin C powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 cups white flour
- Stir together 1-1/3 cup hot water, 2 Tbs honey, and yeast. Let work for five minutes.
- In large bowl mix together 4 cups hot water, oil, 1/2 cup honey.
- Blend in soy powder, Vitamin C Crystals, salt, 4 cups of the whole wheat flour and 2 cups of the white flour.
- Then blend in yeast mixture and 4 more cups wheat flour and two more cups white flour. Get a sticky dough consistency.
- Knead on lightly oiled board for 20 minutes (or 10 minutes in machine with bread hook - dough should just clean sides of machine bowl).
- Shape 6 loaves and let rise under warm damp towel inside 80 degree oven (I just turn mine on for a minute and then turn it back off). Let rise for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out of oven and preheat to 365 degrees.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove immediately from pans, put on cooling racks and brush tops with olive oil.