- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 sandwich buns or 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 4 pieces red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut satay sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oils in a skillet.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Prepare grill, remembering to oil grate (can also cook burgers on griddle or under the broiler).
- Mix together ground beef, beaten eggs, chopped scallions, soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch, cilantro, and cayenne (may omit if you don't like it spicy).
- Form burgers into 4 equal size patties and place on waxed paper until ready to cook.
- Cook burgers about 15 minutes or until cooked through to your liking, flipping them over once, but do not press burgers while cooking.
- Toast buns.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, and a little bit of peanut sauce (if desired).