Recipe by BarbDentoni
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I used to make this bread for special family brunches with my mother when I was just learning to cook. But our original recipe required us to first peel, boil, and mash the potatoes. As a busy mom, I just didn't have the time to do that so I was delighted to find that the bread is as good OR BETTER when made with the super-convenient Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes!
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Thaw bread dough in refrigerator overnight.
- 2. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a jelly roll pan.
- 3. Place butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4. Place the mashed potatoes in a large bowl. Add the shredded cheese and the butter-onion mixture. Mix well.
- 5. Pat or roll the dough to fit into the jelly roll pan. Spread the potato mixture over ½ of the loaf. Fold the dough over and seal all the edges. Allow the loaf to rest for 15 minutes.
- 6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, until top is nicely browned.