Recipe by 352lillian
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A pizza pie with a mashed potato "crust" and two cheeses, fontina and mozzarella. It's not eaten out of hand liike traditional pizzas, but with a fork. Add pizza toppings before baking or leave as is, bubbling with two cheeses.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped fine or 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 lb grated fontina or 3 cups grated fontina
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray or il a 12-inch pizza pan or large baking sheet. Set the drained tomatoes aside.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and fontina. Mix well and spread on a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet in a 12-inch circle evenly and top with the fontina, leaving a 1/4-inch border.
- Top with the drained tomatoes followed by the mozzarella. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil ad bake in the lower third of the oven until the cheese is bubbling and the edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. To serve, cut into wedges.