Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is not meant to be an authentic recipe. It is however, something easy and very tasty that compliments any asian inspired meal. This is a recipe that comes in handy when you don't have the time or energy to go through the traditional steps of your typical stir fried rice. I came up with this when I was pressed for a quick weeknight meal. I served it with grilled snapper topped with ginger lime butter. Don't be surprised if you end up serving this to company as it looks very pretty on the plate!
- 2 cups of uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk (may use light version)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of chopped green onion
- 1 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup of sliced cucumber (to garnish)
- Rinse rice with cold water thoroughly.
- Combine rice, water, coconut milk and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; stir once.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is fully absorbed.
- Stir in green onions, peas and tomatoes.
- Garnish with cucumbers.