Recipe by carmenskitchen
This is not meant to be an authentic recipe. It is however, something easy and very tasty that compliments any asian inspired meal. This is a recipe that comes in handy when you don't have the time or energy to go through the traditional steps of your typical stir fried rice. I came up with this when I was pressed for a quick weeknight meal. I served it with grilled snapper topped with ginger lime butter. Don't be surprised if you end up serving this to company as it looks very pretty on the plate!
- 2 cups of uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk (may use light version)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of chopped green onion
- 1 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup of sliced cucumber (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice with cold water thoroughly.
- Combine rice, water, coconut milk and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; stir once.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is fully absorbed.
- Stir in green onions, peas and tomatoes.
- Garnish with cucumbers.