Recipe by amymudpie
This is my favorite way to use farmer's market tomatoes. I serve it with grilled garlic toast, like bruscetta, or over pasta for a light summer dinner.
- 3 large tomatoes, cored, and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste (I use a lot of pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl.
- If using as a bread topping, grill or toast slices of french bread. Cut a garlic clove in half and rub cut half on the warm bread. Top with tomato mixture for an amazing summer treat.
- If using as a pasta sauce, put the pasta on to boil while you are chopping and dinner will be done in a flash. Toss drained pasta with the room temperature tomato mixture. Cubed fresh mozzarella makes a nice addition to the warm pasta and sauce.