Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Very tasty stuffed and breaded chicken breast stems from wanting roast chicken and stuffing. But with only 2 people to feed (including myself,) it seemed a whole roasted chicken was a little excessive.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 cup favorite breadcrumbs (or Saltines or Cornflakes)
- 2 cups favorite prepared stuffing
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook stuffing according to package directions, set aside.
- Wrap chicken breasts in plastic wrap one at a time and flatten with mallet until 1/2 inch thick.
- Season chicken breasts to taste.
- Place cooked stuffing on 1 breast and top with cheese.
- Top with remaining breast.
- Using skewers (or several toothpicks) secure breasts together making sure none of the stuffing will "cook out" during cooking.
- Slightly beat egg with milk in a large bowl.
- Dredge chicken in flour coating evenly and knocking off any loose flour.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture coating evenly.
- Roll in breadcrumbs
- Place on wire rack (to keep off flat surface) in roasting pan and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.