Recipe by Gidget
I made this recipe after eating Spinach Soup in the Swiss Alps. A real winter soup.
Top Review by MizzNezz
A chef I used to work with made a Spinach soup that was sold out every day. I used to get mine and put it in the frige so I could eat it later!! This soup is just like it except for one thing. He added cream to his, and I did that too. It was marvelous!!! I will be making this a lot.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock (can use stock cubes) or 1 1⁄2 liters vegetable stock (can use stock cubes)
- 400 g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter/oil in a saucepan.
- Saute the onions and garlic until the onion softens.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the defrosted spinach, dried tarragon and white wine (if used).
- Reduce heat to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Just before serving you may have to use a stab-mixer to get the right consistency.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.