Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This mayo should keep for a week or two if its covered and cold. Its so easy to make and all you need is a food processor. I fiddled with a few different recipes until I made this one. some were too bitter, others just weird. this one works great on sandwiches. and you can also add spices or garlic to liven it up!
- crack your eggs and add the salt and mustard powder to the food processor bowl.
- turn it on and let the eggs and spices go for a minute or so, it will look completely combined and a little foamy.
- start with 2 cups of oil, and feed it into the processers pour spout in a thin stream. its important not to pour it in too fast or it won't emulsify correctly.
- after 2 cups stop it for a second, if the mayo isn't runny then you're done. If it is, slowly add oil another 1/4 cup at a time until its the right consistancy.
- if it just isnt setting up, take the whole mess out, process another egg and slowly pour your mix back in.
- You will be able to tell its done, there's no extra set up in the fridge, it should have the consistancy of mayo right away.
- If you're adding garlic put the cloves in with the eggs. adding spices? add those towards the end. pesto? put in a heaping spoonful at the very end and pulse untill just combined.