Recipe by kiwidutch
The weather is improving and my taste for sangria is on the rise! I love this particularly simple recipe. You will too!
Top Review by **Mandy**
I'm not really a big red wine fan so I was hoping the orange additions would really dominate in this, this was nice, simple to put together & a great idea but for my tastes I will up the orange juice & liqueur even more for next time. My mum loved this though so have given her the recipe to take home! Thanks for posting!
- 2 medium oranges
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 1 orange into thin slices, then into quarters, and reserve for garnish.
- With vegetable peeler or zester, thinly remove outer peel from second orange.
- In large bowl, using a spoon, bruise the peel with the sugar to release the oils.
- Stir in orange juice, wine and liqueur.
- Cover and chill. Remove orange peel after 15 minutes.
- Serve the sangria, garnished with the orange slices, over ice.