Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple chicken recipe comes from Vinter's Choice Recipe Book. It has been in the Borra family for generations. Good served with buttered noodles or rice and a green vegetable.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs frying chickens, cut up
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet heat oil and brown chicken on all sides.
- Add parsley, celery and garlic, Brown lightly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT Water.
- Simmer uncovered until wine is almost evaporated.
- Add the water.
- Cover and cook slowly for about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Place chicken on a heated Platter, Pour any juices over chicken.
Lovely Moist Flavorful chicken - I used skinless breasts (Iwould rather have it with skin on BUuuuut Dr. says no) and they were delicious. I increased the garlic to 2 cloves and cut the bay leaf to one. The combination of herbs & celery gives a mellow flavor to the chicken Thanks Barbara it's a winner
this was a real crowd pleaser tonight, they tell me it's a winner and a keeper! thanks for this recipe