Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple and quick delicious dish, oregano and lemon make you not miss the skin. Time does not include 30 minute marinade. Easily quadrupled, this is for one but use it as a guide for as many as you want.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 skinless chicken thighs
- 3 small new potatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into wedges
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano and use to coat the chicken. Set aside to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Put the chicken, marinade, potatoes and lemon wedges into a roasting tin and roast for ¾ - 1 hour, until the chicken is cooked right through, and the potatoes are tender.
I marinated four chicken hindquarters overnight in the mixture, using fresh Greek oregano from our garden. Forgot to add the lemon wedges but I made sure to serve the chicken with plenty of lemon on the side. Three types of potatoes added more color: red, gold and blue. Served with Recipe #144984. A very simple and elegant dish but one that a beginner cook would have no problem preparing. Reviewed for ZWT 6.
I subbed a large skinless chicken breast half for the thighs (personal preference) and followed the instructions. Needed the hour to cook the chicken. It was tender and tasty! Served with Recipe #359156 for a side dish. Great combination. Thanks for posting Michele. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.
Subbed skinless chicken breasts as that's what I had and broccoli for the last 10 minutes, so easy and great flavors with the hint of lemon. Other than that followed the directions and loved the blend of flavors