This is a very simple tomato sauce that leaves itself open to variations and additions.
My Private Note
jar tom ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start by peeling the tomatoes.
- 2The easiest way to do this is to fill a bowl with boiling water, cut a slice down the side of each tomato (just deep enough to cut the skin) and plunge them into the water for about a minute.
- 3When you take them out, the skin should come off easily.
- 4Once peeled, seed and slice the tomatoes and put them in a bowl.
- 5When you are done, heat the oil and the garlic in another pot and stir in the tomato pieces before the oil gets too hot.
- 6Season with salt and pepper, simmer over a low flame for 10 minutes, stir in the basil leaves, simmer for five more minutes, and it's done.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1028 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1128.7
- Calories from Fat 988
- Total Fat 109.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g