My favorite cooking appliance is the crockpot. It is so versatile and I am finding can be used for anything. I came up with this recipe and just made it last evening very easy. Only 4 ingredients.
- 2 Cornish hens, split
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 10 small red new potatoes, halved
- spike seasoning
- Split the hens lengthwise wash and pat dry.
- Slice the onions.
- Halve the potatoes.
- Spray a light coating of nonstick spray on bottom of crockpot.
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with spike seasoning both inside and out.
- Lay hens skin side down on bottom of crock pot.
- Layer onion slices on top of hens.
- Dump Potatoes on Onions.
- Sprinkle more Spike seasoning.
- Cover crock pot. Turn to high for about 4 hours and then on warm till served.