Recipe by **Mandy**
I love anything Mexican and whilst this is not traditional Mexican fare it has a Mexican aura about it. Found in a recipe magazine I bought a while back, it was a hit with the whole family and like all my recipes easy to prepare! I used corn tortillas but any will work fine. The recipe says to use pie dishes but I made these in jumbo muffin pans, there was just a little extra tortilla poking out the top.
- 420 g Mexican chili beans, canned
- 125 g corn kernels, canned, drained
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 8 mini tortillas, warmed
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease eight 8cm pie dishes (or muffin pans) Place on baking trays.
- Combine beans, corn, capsicum and coriander.
- Gently press warmed tortilla into dishes. (Careful as they will tear easily) Fill with bean mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, cream & milk, season with black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into dishes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.