Recipe by JESMom
We've not tried this yet, but I can't wait to! From Easy to Bake, Easy to Make. I think I'm going to try substituting the white chocolate for marshmellows. I'm also going to try omitting the cocoa and serving this with warm caramel topping sometime. If you don't have any stale bread to use up, let a couple of slices sit out uncovered for a couple of hours before using. Prep time includes cutting up the bread. Bake time includes standing time.
- 4 cups cubed stale bread
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the bread inside the dish.
- Combine the sugar and cocoa powder in a large dish. Add milk, eggs and vanilla and mix throroughly. Pour over bread dish.
- Let stand 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle chips over the top of the bread mixture, pressing them inches.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator.