Recipe by meiguo xuesheng
This blackened chicken is great because you can make so many dishes using it. I usually toss it on top of some pasta alfredo, but it also makes for great sandwiches and salads, especially if ranch dressing is involved.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 minced garlic clove
- zatarain's blackening seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken overnight in italian dressing and garlic. I like to make sure they are no more than 1" thick, but that's just me.
- Heat non-stick skillet for at least 2 minutes on high heat.
- Place chicken in single layer on hot skillet.
- Add seasoning, quickly flip over and add to other side as well.
- Cook until 165° or until white and flaky in the middle of the thickest piece and somewhat black on the outside.