Recipe by marisk
The sweetness of these fritters comes from the natural flavor of the bananas. You can add sugar if it's not sweet enough.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 firm bananas, peeled and cut in thirds crosswise
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 1 cup of flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Gradually add water, beating with a whisk until smooth.
- Coat banana pieces (you should have 12) lightly in the remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- Heat oil in wok to 375 degrees F.
- Dip banana pieces in the flour-water mix, coating completely.
- Cook bananas, 4 pieces at a time or until golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with ice cream.