Recipe by Aioli_Queen
I use this baked tofu all the time! It can be used in sandwhiches, stir fries, salads, soup...you name it! Plus it's low-cal, a good source of protein and delicious. I usually make about 4lbs at a time so I'm able to use it through the week.
- 2 lbs extra firm tofu, pressed and each block cut into four slabs
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup san-j tamari
- aluminum foil
- baking sheet
- peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the tofu and then press gently between your hands to release water.
- Slice into slabs and set aside.
- Mix the vinegar and tamari in a bowl and set aside.
- Lay the tofu slabs in layers in a large Ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade over them.
- Seal bag and allow the tofu to marinate for about two hours, turning every half hour, or you can just allow it to marinate over night. Be sure to turn the bag at leat once though so the tofu is evenly marinated.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the aluminum foil over the baking sheet and brush a thin film of oil over the foil.
- Lay the tofu slabs on the foil and slide into the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the tofu becomes firm, the edges are browning, and a nice brown crust has developed on the bottom of the slab. DO NOT TURN the tofu or it will not develop the crust.