Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
a simple "let the crockpot do the cookin" recipe. Very simple preparation.
- 1 large roasting chicken, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) cansteweed tomatoes
- Wash, and dry chicken quarters with paper towels and place in large slow cooker.
- In a large saucepan, combine butter, 57 sauce, and stewed tomatoes. Heat just until butter melts, and ingredients mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Cover aand cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Sure enough is a simple recipe to manage! A couple of small changes were made, though ~ I used 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (always have them on hand) & added half a teaspoon of lemon pepper! With the very satisfying flavor here, & the ease of preparation . . . well, it goes into my 'KEEPER' file! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
We loved this. Very easy to throw together. DH added lots of salt to his plate. (it does need some) I would suggest removing the skin form the chicken. I had lots of grease floating on top. Yuck! I did use just the breast. (only part of the chicken DH will eat) This has a nice tangy taste to it. I served the juice over noodles, added garlic bread a salad and dinner was ready. Yum! Thanks for posting. :)
Great low carb recipe and easy. I used Brummels and Brown yogurt butter which has a saltiness to it. This smelled so good while cooking and was good leftover.