Recipe by Jen T
Another way to eat your 'greens'. This is best made with the the young leaves of silverbeet.
Top Review by Chef Smig52
I had to try this recipe because it sounded so different. I'm so glad I did! It was delicious! I left out the sugar and added chopped red pepper from the garden. Everything came from the garden, even the tomato sauce. I used olive oil and cider vinegar and topped the salad with sea salt black pepper and grated Romano cheese. This is a keeper!
- 500 g silver beet (use young leaves and cut out the white centre)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced or chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the silverbeet and mix with the onion and tomato.
- Make dressing by putting all ingredients into a container and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
- Optional: You can also add some finely sliced celery and some radishes if you like, Or add some cooked crisp bacon pieces.