Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is this week's winning entry in the Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Aisha Raihana.
Make and share this Silver Moon recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the green gram dal in a pressure cooker until soft.
- Grind it in a mixer without adding even a drop of water to it.
- Mix the rice flour, ground dal and butter to make dough.
- Grind cardamoms.
- Mix the ground cardamoms with the powdered sugar.
- Divide the dough into tiny balls (the size of a lemon).
- Now use a banana leaf or polythene cover to press the balls to make them flat and round.
- Make sure they are not too thin.
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Fry the balls in it on low flame.
- When they turn golden, remove from the wok and put them in powdered sugars so that the sugar gets stuck to them and resembles a silver moon.
- Serve with almonds or top with any nut of your choice.