1 hr 15 mins
This is this week's winning entry in the Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Aisha Raihana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the green gram dal in a pressure cooker until soft.
- 2Grind it in a mixer without adding even a drop of water to it.
- 3Mix the rice flour, ground dal and butter to make dough.
- 4Grind cardamoms.
- 5Mix the ground cardamoms with the powdered sugar.
- 6Divide the dough into tiny balls (the size of a lemon).
- 7Now use a banana leaf or polythene cover to press the balls to make them flat and round.
- 8Make sure they are not too thin.
- 9Heat ghee in a wok.
- 10Fry the balls in it on low flame.
- 11When they turn golden, remove from the wok and put them in powdered sugars so that the sugar gets stuck to them and resembles a silver moon.
- 12Serve with almonds or top with any nut of your choice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Silver Moon
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4396.0
- Calories from Fat 1591
- Total Fat 176.8 g
- Saturated Fat 109.8 g
- Cholesterol 453.5 mg
- Sodium 366.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 717.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 626.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: