Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is this week's winning entry in the Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Aisha Raihana.
- 200 g green gram dal
- 250 g butter
- 400 g powdered rice flour
- 4 cardamoms
- 800 g powdered sugar
- 500 g ghee (preferably, Dalda brand)
- Cook the green gram dal in a pressure cooker until soft.
- Grind it in a mixer without adding even a drop of water to it.
- Mix the rice flour, ground dal and butter to make dough.
- Grind cardamoms.
- Mix the ground cardamoms with the powdered sugar.
- Divide the dough into tiny balls (the size of a lemon).
- Now use a banana leaf or polythene cover to press the balls to make them flat and round.
- Make sure they are not too thin.
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Fry the balls in it on low flame.
- When they turn golden, remove from the wok and put them in powdered sugars so that the sugar gets stuck to them and resembles a silver moon.
- Serve with almonds or top with any nut of your choice.