Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Learned this while I was living in Mexico. You tend to learn tricks like these when you don't have things readily available! Not for use on antiqued silver.
- Run a quart of hot water into your kitchen sink.
- Dissolve the washing soda and salt in the water.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the bottom of the sink and place your tarnished silver on top. It must touch the aluminum foil.
- The silver that's touching the foil and covered with water should become clean within 10sec.
- If badly tarnished, rub silver item with a cloth after removing it from the water.
- Next time you boil potatoes, cool the leftover water and dip your tarnished silverware into it.
It's magical! If I could give half stars I'd give this a 4 1/2. It worked beautifully on most of my silver but didn't fully clean a couple of extremely tarnished items although they're vastly improved. Made for My-3-Chefs.