Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Thanks to Ken, I'll never have to boil corn on the cob nor fight its silk again, because doing it this way results in fast, silk-free cobs. Yay! Microwave two ears for 8 minutes; one ear for 4 minutes. The garlicky, cheesy butter is pretty nomlicious, too.
- Microwave the corn, husks and all, for 8 minutes on high. (One ear for 4 minutes.).
- While it's nuking, melt butter in a small saucepan. When it starts bubbling, add the garlic and stir gently for about 30 seconds until very fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Remove the corn from the microwave with head safe gloves. They will be HOT.
- Cut the root end (not the silky end) just at the widest part of the cob and discard. You want to make sure you're cutting through ALL of the husks, not just the external ones.).
- Grab the entire tip of the corn (just the husks and silk) tightly in one hand with the cut end down and, over a plate, shake the corn downwards until the cob falls out of the husk.
- Pour melted butter over the corn and sprinkle parmesan over it.
- Marvel at the miracle! ;o).