Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is an old & interesting recipe. Serves 6.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 -3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 -3 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) package spaghetti or 1 (7 ounce) package vermicelli, cooked & drained
- Brown meat in oil on all sides.
- Cook garlic until yellow, not brown.
- Drain off oil.
- Replace pork & cover with water.
- Add tomato sauce & paste.
- Cook 1 hour.
- Add seasonings & cook another hour or until pork is done.Serve over noodles.
Hi everyone, I made this for dinner tonight 02/03/2008. It was very good. I used three garlic cloves and substituted vegetable brooth(14oz can)and a bottle of white zinfandel (6oz) instead of the water. I only cooked it about about 1.5 hrs This is a keeper! BOBB