Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Try this delicious breakfast or brunch dish utilizing home-made noodles with applesauce. If making your own noodles isn't an option, feel free to use store bought. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml flour (approximate)
- 2.46 ml salt
- Make noodles: beat eggs, add salt and as much flour as can be worked into the eggs to make the dough come away from the bowl easily.
- Knead well, cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Roll out thinly with as little flour on the rolling pin and board as possible; stretch and cut into 1-inch strips.
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water for approximately 7-10 minutes; drain.
- Fry in butter until golden.
- Add beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook slowly until eggs are firm.
- Serve immediately.