Recipe by Mille®
From the Court of Two Sisters restaurant, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Top Review by BoxO'Wine
excellent dish but not to insult the two sisters, I did tweak the recipe a bit. Instead of 2 lbs shrimp, I used half large shrimp and half bay scallops. For the creole seasoning, I used Emerils Essence (home made), and I only used 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butte which resulted in plenty of sauce to serve over the rice. Used chardonnay wine. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Be very careful not to overcook the shrimp and scallops, and I cant't believe a shrimp dish was go great without a few cloves of garlic thrown in. Thanks for posting a winner.
- 2 lbs 36-40 count shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 ounces of butter in a large sauté pan.
- Add mushrooms and green and red bell peppers and sauté, until clear.
- Then add green onions, shrimp, and Creole seasoning and sauté until shrimp start to turn pink.
- Add white wine and reduce liquid by half.
- When liquid is reduced, swirl in the butter, about 3 ounces at a time, over low heat.
- When all butter is incorporated, removed from heat and serve over white rice.