1/2 Photos of Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Buttery and lush with garlic, this dish, though simple to prepare, feels indulgent. Adapted from Gourmet. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION:Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp (raw, 20 to 25 per lb)
- 4 large garlic cloves, left unpeeled and forced through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 lb capellini (angel-hair pasta)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- 3Add garlic to oil remaining in skillet along with red pepper flakes, wine, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp. Remove skillet from heat.
- 4Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- 5Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- 6Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture and parsley in large bowl, adding some of reserved cooking water if necessary to keep moist.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.7
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 210.9 mg
- Sodium 762.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 34.9 g