1/6 Photos of Shrimp Newburg on Toast Points
Adapted from Cooking Light with some minor changes for our taste. This can be served over rice or pasta
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add shrimp.
- 3Saute 3 minutes and remove from skillet.
- 4Keep warm.
- 5Add 1 tsp oil to skillet.
- 6Add bella mushrooms and saute 5 minutes.
- 7Combine milk, flour, sherry, and egg yolk, stirring well with a whisk.
- 8Add to the mushrooms.
- 9Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thick (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 10Return shrimp to skillet and stir in salt and peppers.
- 11Cut each toast slice in half diagonally.
- 12Arrange 4 toast triangles on each of 2 plates.
- 13Top with 1 1/2 cups shrimp mixture, and sprinkle with chives.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Newburg on Toast Points
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 368.6 mg
- Sodium 819.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 47.1 g